I’m hungry for more creativity in my life. I can almost taste its rich aroma on my tongue. Hints of cardamom, cinnamon, vanilla and smoke swirl in the March winds. Spring’s explosive palette sparks a reimagining of my purpose. I’m ready to give up my comfort routines of winter and embrace the imaginative risks inspired by the equinox.
Suleika Jaouad challenges her readers to think about the rituals, objects and tools that inspire creativity in her Isolation Journal #187. Here is what I keep in my metaphorical caddy to stimulate my creative flow:
- a window with a view
- vibrant highlighters
- city exploration
- a latte from my favorite coffee shop
- art museums
- curated playlists for creative processing
- soft cover 5A Moleskin journal
- sharpened Blackwing matte pencils
- instrumental jazz for writing
- colorful sticky notes
- conversations with innovative thinkers
Time to prioritize imagination over conformity!